Every quilt top is unique and tells a story. We will work with your creation and choose a quilting design that will complement your work.
- Please iron your top. While ironing, check top for holes, cuts, loose threads in seams etc. Please correct as necessary. If we feel your quilt needs to be ironed, there will be a $10.00 charge.
- Make sure backing is at least 6 inches longer and 6 inches wider than the quilt top (this allows for a 3 inch margin all around).
- We do not quilt using any variation of minky fabric, so please plan accordingly.
- Mark the top of the quilt so we will know which way the quilting pattern should run. If the backing has a top and bottom, please mark that also.
- Removing selvedge when piecing the back will help prevent puckering of the back when quilted.
- Complete the quilting order worksheet and enclose it in your shipment. Payment made by Visa, MasterCard or check. Please make checks payable to Barnyard Quilting. Full payment is expected before your quilt is picked up or returned.
- Package your materials carefully for shipment. You may deliver your quilt top or ship it by either the U.S. Postal Service or by UPS. Please insure your package. We recommend USPS Priority Mail with “delivery confirmation” as it is inexpensive and provides a toll free number to call; enabling you to check on the date and time your quilt arrives at Barnyard Quilting.
- For a list of our prices please click here.
- The normal turnaround time for quilting is 4 to 6 weeks. There will be an up charge for quilts requested to be done earlier than the normal turnaround time.
- Due to increased shipping fees, batting prices are subject to change without notice.
- If payment is not received within 30 days of notification , including quilts and or special orders,you will be charged a late fee of 4% of the total bill.
- If payment is not received within 6 months of the completion date of your quilt, you will forfeit ownership of the quilt to Barnyard Quilting.